Material description, VS 20 SILVERFLASH®
SILVERFLASH has a 100% para-aramide base fabric coated with high-performance elastomers.
The fabric consists of a five-layered, double-aluminised laminate and three chemicals
barrier layers (high-performance plastic).
• The fabric’s outside is permanently electrically conductive (DIN EN 1149-5:2008-04).
• Very good heat-resistance; outstanding weathering, ageing and ozone resistance
• Excellent chemicals resistance; low gas permeability (also against war gasses)
• Applications: Pharmaceuticals, clinics, military and civil defence, industry,
maritime and fire brigades (unlimited)
• Colour: Silver (outer), red (inner)
• Extremely high thermal resilience:
– for short periods up to 850 °C (combustion)
– for short periods up to -196 °C (liquid nitrogen)
• blocks radiated heat and efficiently reflects solar radiations to improve the
climate inside the suit in action.
• Outstanding mechanical strength over entire service life; very low fabric weight
• Approval: DIN EN 943 Part 2 (ET) – ۱a (industry & firefighters)
Ex-area zone 0
DIN EN 14126, DIN EN1149,
DIN EN 11612, EN1073-2
• Weight: 7.5 kg (without extras)
• Lifespan: Up to 15 year according to manufacturer’s guideline
• Protective gloves: WIPAN CK in sizes 9 to 10 (please specify when ordering)
Alternatives: WIPAN CK+, Butoflex
• Boot sizes from 43 to 47 (please specify when ordering)
– Alternative: Footlets made from suit material
• VS 20 visor, gold-plated